[Bioperl-l] Installing bioperl-ext-1.4 modules question

William Rose cbrose at snip.net
Tue Jan 20 12:49:09 EST 2004

Hello:

I'm attempting to install the bioperl-ext-1.4 module under OS X 10.3.2
and am having some difficulty.  I'm fairly new to this so please bear
with me.  In attempting to install bioperl-ext-1.4, I also had to
install Perl::Inline and Perl::Parse:: RecDescent due to warnings
running 'make test' under bioperl-ext-1.4.  Upon getting past this, I
was stopped by the following:

perl Makefile.PL
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Writing Makefile for Bio::Ext::Align
Please tell us where your Staden io_lib "read" library is installed:
[/usr/local/lib]

After looking around and finding this:
http://bioperl.org/pipermail/bioperl-l/2003-October/013631.html
I edited my Bio::SeqIO.pm and saved it.  Now, here's where it gets
strange.  After editing the SeqIO.pm, I ran 'perl Makefile.PL' under
bioperl-ext-1.4 but I still continue to get

Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Writing Makefile for Bio::Ext::Align
Please tell us where your Staden io_lib "read" library is installed:
[/usr/local/lib]

I have checked for other copies of SeqIO.pm on my system, and there are
none.
So, here are my questions:

1. What is the correct forum to ask for help for this issue; and
2. Where else might I look for an answer to these issues instead of
emailing and bothering someone with a question that may have already
been answered?

Thanks,

Bill Rose