[Bioperl-l] neighbor.pm

Jason Stajich jason at cgt.duhs.duke.edu
Tue Feb 24 14:43:27 EST 2004

There is a 'bad' amino acid in your data.

I get this when I run phylip protdist by hand on your data:
 WARNING -- BAD AMINO ACID:U AT POSITION 1206 OF SPECIES  32
offending base is a 'U'
[jason at sonogno jason]$ seqret -sbegin 1205 -send 1207 out.aln.fasta:AAF44872/1-3 stdout
Reads and writes (returns) sequences
>AAF44872/1-3
-U-

So you'll need to prune these out of the data I guess.

-jason

--
Jason Stajich
Duke University