[Bioperl-l] help with Bioperl

Lin, Xiaoying Xiaoying.Lin at celera.com
Mon Feb 23 09:09:53 EST 2004

There is a non Bioperl solution, a package called AAT by Huang et al.
You can access his server at

http://deepc2.zool.iastate.edu/aat/aat/aat.html

I do not think there is a Bioperl parser for it yet.

In my hand it does a better job in getting the exon structure right than
other similar tools, especially for genes with repeatitive sequence and
tandem gene clusters. The speed is generally several folds faster, but
this should be taken with a grain of salt, since the default parameters
used by diff programs are not the same.

-Xiaoying