[Bioperl-l] Uniprot

Heikki Lehvaslaiho heikki at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Feb 5 05:34:47 EST 2004

For the time being the old Swiss-Prot and Uniprot are identical at data level.
Uniprot is a political development integrating PIR.

>From README:
"The UniProt Knowledgebase has been created from Swiss-Prot, TrEMBL and
PIR-PSD.
It consists of two parts, one containing fully manually annotated records
and another one with computationally analysed records awaiting full manual
annotation. The two sections will be referred to as the Swiss-Prot
Knowledgebase and TrEMBL Protein Database, respectively. PIR-PSD release 48.0
of 28-Oct-2003 has been fully integrated into these sections. This was the
last release of PIR-PSD. "

	-Heikki

On Tuesday 03 Feb 2004 13:49, Sebastien Moretti wrote:
> Hello
> Is there a BioPerl module to send a request to UniProt db ?
> My script send a request to Swissprot :
>
> 	#!/usr/bin/perl
>
> 	use strict;
> 	use Bio::DB::SwissProt;
> 	use Bio::SeqIO;
> 	my $acc=$ARGV[0];
>
> 	my $gb = new Bio::DB::SwissProt;
> 	my $stream = $gb->get_Seq_by_acc($acc);
>
> 	my $out=Bio::SeqIO->new(-format=>'swiss');
>
> 	my $result=$out->write_seq($stream);
> 	$result =~ s/^1.*$//;
> 	print $result;
>
> 	exit;
>
> But how can I do the same with UniProt ?
> Thanks

     _/  _/  _/  Heikki Lehvaslaiho    heikki_at_ebi ac uk