[Bioperl-l] [EMBL reformatter problem with large acc_number]

Sebastien Moretti Sebastien.Moretti at igs.cnrs-mrs.fr
Wed Dec 15 03:36:18 EST 2004

Hello,
I use bioperl 1.4 on linux OS.
I try to enhance some of my EMBL flat files with the standard EMBL reformatter
of BioPerl:

    my $in=Bio::SeqIO->new(-file=>"$rep/struct.emb",-format=>'EMBL');
    my $out=Bio::SeqIO->new(-file=>">$rep/struct.embl",-format=>'EMBL');
    while (my $seq=$in->next_seq()){
	$out->write_seq($seq);
    }

But some of my files have large accession number, like ensEMBL accession
number, and my ID lines look like that:
	ID   ENSG00000156345standard; genomic DNA; UNK; 17425 BP.

So, I would like to change this and to add blank spaces before 'standard;'.
I tried to add
	$seq->id()=$seq->id()."\s\s\s";
in the while instruction but I get this error message:
	Can't modify non-lvalue subroutine call

What can I do to solve this problem ?
I tried to change the id value with references but I am not a master in it.
Thanks

--
Sebastien MORETTI
Linux User - #327894