[Bioperl-l] Entrez Gene and bioperl-db

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Tue Dec 14 11:41:04 EST 2004

Annie,

I have heard rumors that the gene ontology and cdd stuff are going to
be in the refseq entries rather than a "gene2go" file, but I haven't
seen direct confirmation of this.  If you look in the CDS section of
some of the refseq entries
(http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/viewer.fcgi?
db=nucleotide&val=56550106 as an example), you will see the gene
ontology information there.  I honestly don't know how this is handled
by bioperl-db....  Also, I wish I could say I KNEW what NCBI was doing
here so that we could all plan, but I don't.

Sean