[Bioperl-l] Getting score from Emboss-type alignment (water)

Pawel Szczesny pawel.szczesny at tuebingen.mpg.de
Mon Dec 13 05:56:43 EST 2004

Hello,

I have a problem in extracting score from alignment in EMBOSS format
(water in this case).

The code:

my $in = new Bio::AlignIO(-format => 'emboss',-file   => 'test.water');
while( my $aln = $in->next_aln ) {
                print $aln->score;
           }

$aln->score seems to be undefined. File emboss.pm from BioPerl Live has
additional lines compared to stable distribution, but I have no idea why
even with patching emboss.pm it doesn't work at all.

Any ideas? I was searching documentation, but reporting score seem to be
implemented only in Blast parser.

Regards
Pawel Szczesny