[Bioperl-l] Re: [BioSQL-l] tigr.pm

Josh Lauricha Hi laurichj at bioinfo.ucr.edu
Fri Dec 10 16:09:19 EST 2004

The problem with setting strand in tigr.pm is that, for simplicity, I've
already reversed the strands to the positive oriantation. So while their
not "unknown" they are neither positive nor negative. Marking a positive
strand as positive is fine, but marking a negative strand as negative is
not, since it has been reversed already. It might be misinterpreted (by
code or people) that a negative strand must be reversed again.