[Bioperl-l] SWAT Implementation

Aaron J. Mackey amackey at pcbi.upenn.edu
Sat Dec 4 18:17:50 EST 2004

The FASTA search suite includes the "reference" implementation of
Smith-Waterman, called "ssearch"; ssearch in fact implements the SWAT
optimization, while the program "osearch" implements the "traditional"
S-W algorithm.  You can find the code for each in dropnsw.c (normal
smith waterman) and dropgsw.c (green smith waterman) from the FASTA
pacakge (ftp://ftp.virginia.edu/pub/fasta/).

-Aaron