[Bioperl-l] Bioperl platforms and XML parser

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gnf.org
Thu Dec 2 16:36:39 EST 2004

This sounds very encouraging with respect to the Windows front.

So at least, if I take your reports as representative of the Windows
situation, then there's no shown show-stopper yet for requiring an XML
parser. Hmm.

Again, this is a good opportunity for anybody out there to voice the
trouble you had when trying to install an XML parser on your platform.
It almost sounds too good to be true that there isn't one ... Would
anybody be scared if Bioperl wouldn't run w/o an XML parser? Trying to
solicit some feedback on how audacious you want, or don't want, the
developers to go.

	-hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org