[Bioperl-l] GO path and GO relationships

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Thu Aug 5 08:57:13 EDT 2004

I'm assuming you have looked at the Bio::Ontology::OntologyI API? Also,
for GO the underlying engine is SimpleGOEngine.pm which basically
delegates most functionality to a Graph::Directed instance (see
Graph.pm from CPAN).

Given the use cases though as you describe them, the GO API is probably
indeed your best choice. At least what I can say is that none of the
OntologyI or Graph.pm methods provides a straightforward solution to
your problems.

	-hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org