[Bioperl-l] Pise Jobs

Catherine Letondal letondal at pasteur.fr
Sat Apr 10 02:55:36 EDT 2004

On Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 02:19:47PM -0600, Barry Moore wrote:

Hi Barry,

> I've been running the Emboss program "Stretcher" as a remote Pise job
> (RedHat 9.0 & BioPerl 1.4).  It was working fine.

I can see :-)

> At one point the
> script seemed to be hanging on a Pise job,

This just mean that your job was queued (the server is sometime very
busy, and we are not available during the night to monitor jobs queues).

> so I killed the process, and ran it again.

This is a bad idea.

> When I re-ran the job it said "A similar job has already
> been submitted. Please wait for its completion."  I know that according
> to the Pise website they use a checksum on each job check for redundant
> submissions (if a job is resubmitted while the same job is still
> running, it reports the error that I'm recieving).  I can see that
> happening the first time I resubmitted it, but that was over an hour
> ago, and it still won't let me resubmit a job.  I've changed the
> sequences that I am submitting, and the names of the sequences, and it
> still won't let me submit a job.  Any thoughts.

This means that your job was still queued.
Apparently, every stretcher jobs submitted from the bioperl API have
completed though? Have you tried again since then?

Another idea is to ask for help at this email address:
pise at pasteur.fr.

--
Catherine Letondal -- Pasteur Institute Computing Center