[Bioperl-l] Batch GenPept - up and running?

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Fri Apr 9 13:19:17 EDT 2004

I noticed (via bioperl-live) that Bio::DB::GenPept hasn't been updated
since 11/21/2002 and states that currently batch requests aren't supported,
but there is a batch option in %PARAMSTRINGS.  I just wanted to see whether
anyone knows if Bio::DB::GenPept allows batch sequence requests to NCBI
Entrez, or are there other alternatives (Bio::DB::GenBank)?

I searched the online archives and couldn't find much.  I need to download
~1000-1500 sequences with info extracted from BLASTP reports and place them
into a database and I really don't want to spam that many individual
sequence requests to Entrez if I can avoid it.

Chris Fields - Postdoctoral Researcher
Lab of Dr. Robert Switzer

Address:

Dept. of Biochemistry - 323 RAL