[Bioperl-l] End-User Development Survey

Catherine Letondal letondal at pasteur.fr
Mon Sep 22 05:58:50 EDT 2003

Hi,

An european End-User Development network (http://giove.cnuce.cnr.it/eud-net.htm)
has started 1 year ago. Its aim is to develop and promote development and
tailoring of software tools by their users, which I think is of major importance in
our field. By "users", they mean not only "end-user" - I
don't really like this term but it's the common adopted one - but also people who,
while being professional of a domain (i.e bioinformatics) and thus
not being "professional" computer scientists, do participate in the development of
software tools.

I thought that it might be interesting for this network to get some input from
real "practicionners" by asking to the bioperlers to answer the survey
questionnaire that is online :
	http://www.lri.fr/~letondal/Bib/eud_survey.html

Answers are sent by email to the organizers of the network and are fully
anonymous (no record of the sending machine is made, nobody has access to the log
files etc...). The questionnaire tests show that it should take about 10 minutes to fill.

Thanks to all of you,

--
Catherine Letondal -- Pasteur Institute Computing Center