[Bioperl-l] Re: Warning and error message using Bio::Biblio module

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Sun Sep 21 10:13:04 EDT 2003

This reply is quiote delayed - I am sorry for that.
I hope that thanks to Heikke you already have an answer anyway.

Heikke was right that there were some periods when the biblio server did
not respond. I have fixed it - and I hope that now my cron jobs informing
me about the server failure will work correctly so I will know sooner that
something is going wrong :-)

Heikke was also right that the simple 'use Bio::Biblio' should not
generate any warnings even if the biblio server is not responding. Let me
know if you still (or in the future will) have similar problems.

I have now tested the examples you gave in the email with the correct
following results:

perl -MBio::Biblio -e 'print new Bio::Biblio->find("perl")->get_count'
8245

perl -MBio::Biblio -e 'print join ("\n", @{ new Bio::Biblio->find("brazma")->get_all_ids })'
MEDLINENEW/12386000
MEDLINENEW/12386004
MEDLINENEW/12387284
MEDLINENEW/12225585
MEDLINENEW/12540298
MEDLINENEW/12519944
MEDLINENEW/12519949
MEDLINENEW/12652749
MEDLINENEW/12424109
MEDLINENEW/12529438
MEDLINE2003/894225
MEDLINE2003/10693778
MEDLINE2003/10977099
MEDLINE2003/10967323
MEDLINE2003/11238066
MEDLINE2003/11580977
MEDLINE2003/11696959
MEDLINE2003/11726920
MEDLINE2003/12049748
MEDLINE2003/12227734
MEDLINE2003/8877502
MEDLINE2003/9322017
MEDLINE2003/9672833

   Regards,
   Martin

--
Martin Senger

EMBL Outstation - Hinxton                Senger at EBI.ac.uk
European Bioinformatics Institute        Phone: (+44) 1223 494636
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus             (Switchboard:     494444)
Hinxton                                  Fax  : (+44) 1223 494468
Cambridge CB10 1SD
United Kingdom                           http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/~senger