[Bioperl-l] phd format conversion.

James D. White jdw at ou.edu
Wed Sep 17 11:24:13 EDT 2003

Sankari,

Phd files are the normal output of the Phred basecalling program written
by Phil Green.
If you have the original data files from a sequencer (for example,  ab1
or scf files), you
could run Phred to produce phd files with  real quality values. This is
not a Bioperl
solution, but may be a better one if you have the original trace file
data, not just the
sequence. If all you have is the sequence, then other solutions are
required.

For this specific problem I do have a program, fastaq2phd, to create phd
files from
a fasta file. The program may be found at:
<http://www.genome.ou.edu/informatics.html>.
This is not a Bioperl program. It was written before I knew about
Bioperl. If this is
all the function you need it should work, but a Bioperl solution would
probably be a
better choice if you need to integrate it with other code.

James D. White   (jdw at ou.edu)
University of Oklahoma
620 Parrington Oval, Room 313
Norman, OK 73019-3051