[Bioperl-l] Restriction Enzyme cuts on Circular plasmids

Rob Edwards redwards at utmem.edu
Wed Oct 29 19:31:04 EST 2003

The new Bio::Restriction modules should tell you the correct sizes of
circular plasmids. This will do exactly what you want. The old
Bio::Tools::RestrictionEnzyme does not have this ability, though you
can just merge the first and last fragments of a sequence.

The newer Bio::Restriction are (I believe) only available in BioPerl
1.3 and later. This is the upcoming release and the first RC seems
quite stable.

You should probably tell someone about the searches not working, but I
guess you just have :)

Rob