[Bioperl-l] Method dnaseq in EncodedSeq not working properly?

Steffen Grossmann grossman at molgen.mpg.de
Fri Oct 10 16:45:39 EDT 2003

Dear all,

am I wrong or does the method "dnaseq" of Bio::Seq::EncodedSeq not do
what is promised in the documentation? I understand the documentation
such that e.g. with the command

@introns = $obj->$dnaseq(-encoding => 'I')

I would get a list of all the parts in the sequence which are coded with
an 'I'. (From a look at the method's code I'd say it doesn't do anything
at all...)

Actually, what I really need is a way to identify pieces of repeated X's
or N's from DNA sequences in order to exclude them from a sequence-wide
screening for good hits of a position-weight-matrix. Any hint concerning
that problem is highly appreciated! Since I am a bioperl-newbie maybe I
only suffer from a lack of overview...

Steffen
--
%            Steffen Grossmann                %