[Bioperl-l] Installation Problems

Heikki Lehvaslaiho heikki at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Oct 2 06:00:57 EDT 2003

Brian,

Have you set up environmental variable PERL5LIB?

Here is a command line example (which is best put into shell resource
file):

   bash: % export PERL5LIB='$HOME/src/bioperl'
   tcsh: % setenv PERL5LIB '$HOME/src/bioperl'

Using ':' as a separator you can add more than one directory.

In your case for perl to find IO::String, PERL5LIB should contain
'/home/bmadsen/bjm_perl' and in that directory you should have directory
'IO' with file 'String.pm'

Hope this helps,

	-Heikki