[Bioperl-l] passing $result

Joshua A Udall jaudall at iastate.edu
Wed Nov 12 09:50:57 EST 2003

Bioperl -

I'm having trouble passing an object and I seem only able to pass part of
it, the first 'layer'.  I'm trying to pass $result (from blast parsing)
into a function and access the hits but they seem to have
disappeared.  What is the correct syntax to pass $result as a whole object?

while(my $result = $searchio->next_result() ) {
     while (my $hit=$result->next_hit){
           print_graph($result);
     }
}

sub print_graph {
   my $result_sub = $_[0];
   while( my $hit = $result_sub->next_hit ) {

... and do groovy stuff here with the hits

   }
}

Joshua Udall
Department of Ecology, Evolution, and Organismal Biology
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011
Ph: (515) 294-7098
Fax: (515) 294-1337