[Bioperl-l] Re: should Bio::PrimarySeq be storage-independent after bioperl-db appear?

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gnf.org
Fri May 16 12:11:14 EDT 2003

Why does it make it heavy? I don't quite understand that. The adaptor
is a singleton, so there is only a single instance per application. I
don't quite see why adding a pointer to a singleton makes an object
heavier than it was before (like a SeqI is anyway, and most sequence
objects you're dealing with is SeqIs, not PrimarySeqIs).

If you remove the adaptor, you are removing the persistence
implementation by delegation. What is your proposal to maintain
persistence instead? Through a naming context?

What exactly is the issue that concerns you? Do you have a memory
footprint issue?

	-hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org