[Bioperl-l] Copying features

Marc Logghe Marc.Logghe at devgen.com
Sun May 11 16:44:57 EDT 2003

Hi Rob,
wanted to do something similar a while ago.
I have solved it by writing the features to gff and reading them in again to
create a new feature with the same attributes.
Suppose you want to copy $sf1 to $sf2:
my $sf2 = $sf1->new( -gff_string => $sf1->gff_string );
Then you can add the feature to the seq object.
Probably not the most efficient way, but it worked.
HTH,
Marc