[Bioperl-l] Bio:Tools::Primer3, Bio::Seq::PrimedSeq, and Bio::SeqFeature::Primer

Rob Edwards redwards at utmem.edu
Mon Mar 31 23:24:28 EST 2003

Hi all,

I have split Primer3 into Bio::Tools::Primer3 to parse Primer3 output and
Bio::Tools::Run::Primer3 to run primer3, including adding the in OK_FIELD and
AUTOLOAD methods as suggested by others.

Is there a way in Bio::Tools::Run::WrapperBase or Bio::Root::IO (or
elsewhere?) to deal with creating a filehandle to print results out to? I
couldn't find either a method or another implementation that has done this.

Also, I added a Bio::Tools::ePCR module that will return a Bio::Seq object
when given a template and two sequences to act as primers. (I am not sure
about the name at the moment, and am happy to change it as NCBI has an ePCR
program that doesn't do anything like this).

http://www.salmonella.org/bioperl/primer3_v0.2.tgz

I'd appreciate any feedback.

Rob