[Bioperl-l] parent <-> subject etc

Lincoln Stein lstein at cshl.org
Mon Mar 24 11:27:56 EST 2003

A little late for me to chime in here, I know, but I would avoid "child" and
"parent" terms because they imply a directionality that is appropriate for
some, but not all, relationships.  Same for target and source.

(subject,predicate,object) is nicely neutral and accepted in the ontology
community.  For the uninitiated, (subject,relationship type,object) is easier
to understand.

Lincoln