[Bioperl-l] Error in loading into biosql database

Siddhartha Basu basu at pharm.sunysb.edu
Wed Mar 19 17:23:57 EST 2003

Hi,

Hilmar Lapp wrote:
> Log on to mysql and type
>
>     mysql> show variables;
>
> Then look for those that match /innodb/. Do these look alright?
> Specifically, does the variable have_innodb show with a value of YES?
Yes they look alright and the variable 'have_innodb' is set to YES.

> Transactions are enabled if innodb is enabled. The tables are type INNODB.
In my mysql database innodb is enabled as i see the log files and dat
files in /var/lib/mysql as pointed out by mysql manual.

> When you say you remove entries prior to inserting new ones, what do you
> mean? Do you remove bioentries, supply --remove to load_seqdatabase.pl,
> purge the entire biosql database, or truncate the taxon table? *Only*
> the two latter will remove rows from the taxon table.
I droped the biosql database not purged it. I haven't used the other two
options. Do i have to purge the database instead of dropping it.

siddhartha