[Bioperl-l] Extracting domain# from hmmpfam output

Jason Stajich jason at cgt.mc.duke.edu
Mon Mar 17 12:57:45 EST 2003

Not really -
You can compute it though, they are numbered by their order on the
protein.

my @domains = $hit->domains;
my $domainnum = 1;
my $total = scalar @domains;
foreach my $domain ( sort { $a->start <=> $b->start } $hit->domains ) {
 print "domain $domainnum of $total,\n";
 $domainnum++;
}

Uh oh - I just spotted a bug in the SearchIO::hmmer parsing with multiple
domains - where you only got one HSP for a multi-hit domain.  No idea how
that one got through before...  Fixed on trunk and branch in CVS.

-jason