[Bioperl-l] Bio::Root::Version functionality is in.

Brian Osborne brian_osborne at cognia.com
Sun Mar 9 16:54:26 EST 2003

Aaron,

>Well, that's really two separate questions:

>1) Should that module be using Bio::Root::RootI anyway, regardless of
>$VERSION issues?

Ah. But I did not say that I was asking just one simple question.      ;-)

In fact the first question occurred to me just browsing around, looking at
who was using Root and who was using RootI. It appears that "base" modules
for a given set of modules will use either (and "newer" sets of modules with
interface files seem to always use RootI, makes sense). I guess that we've
arrived at a fairly stable state with respect to Root and RootI that this is
not an issue, but, hypothetically, anyone considering a change to Root/RootI
should be aware of all these modules reading from Root directly. But,
separate and more complex issue than $VERSION, yes.

Brian O.