[Bioperl-l] bug #1396: *.PL to *.pod conversion is broken, makebailsout

Aaron J Mackey ajm6q at virginia.edu
Thu Mar 6 09:39:43 EST 2003

Let me just toss in a small recommendation that you might want to consider
"reversing" the problem; instead of reading/interpolating variable values
in POD, try providing the values in regular POD format, and using
Pod::Constants to extract and set the corresponding variables:

use vars qw($VERSION);
use Pod::Constants VERSION => sub { eval };

=pod

=head2 VERSION

$VERSION = 1.1

=head2 SYNOPSIS

  # perl code that will not be interpolated
  my @foo = blah_blah('blah');

=cut