[Bioperl-l] problem unigene parsing

Siddhartha Basu basu at pharm.sunysb.edu
Wed Mar 5 21:31:26 EST 2003

Hi andrew,
Yes you got the problem it seems. Well i really can't say anything in
depth about the code but can point out the fact it's not really
happening with the C.elegans unigene build file.And the lines contain
the species name in Unigene files is the PROTSIM segment.
So there also seems to be problem with the bleeding edge version of
bioperl. I haven't tried the stable 1.2 version for this parsing, only
used it from the bioperl-live cvs. And moreover, by seeing the pod of
Bio::Species i think  somehow the species->classification method call
getting the name "Home sapiens" from the unigene object instead of
"sapiens Homo" which it expect and might be generating the error. Just a
guess though.

siddhartha