[Bioperl-l] Saving BLAST reports

Michael R Olson olsonmr at stolaf.edu
Wed Jun 25 16:50:32 EDT 2003

Is there any (not hideously difficult) way to retrieve information about
a BLAST report after the process dies?  That said, let me rephrase the
question.  My program, right now, runs a blast search using
StandAloneBlast.pm.  It gets the results as a SearchIO object, and deals
with them however is appropriate, no problem.  However, what I would
like to be able to do, is the next time I run the program, be able to
read in information from a file to recreate the SearchIO object, rather
than run the BLAST search again.  Is this possible?
Thanks
Mike