[Bioperl-l] How to retrieve introns / exons from EMBL?

Jason Stajich jason at cgt.duhs.duke.edu
Sat Jun 14 10:09:12 EDT 2003

The accessions you are using are mRNA so they won't have exons since the
introns are already spliced out.  The should have CDS regions which is
the coding region and may also have a 'gene' field which would
encompass any UTRs, CDSes, and poly-A sites.

Try this accession, X55887.1 for an annotated genomic region which has
exons.

Notice that accession L15409 doesn't even have any annotation.

-jason