[Bioperl-l] problem with batch access to GenBank

Anne-Marie Ternes amternes at pt.lu
Wed Jun 4 16:09:04 EDT 2003

Hi Brian,

thanks a lot for your help. As a matter of fact, I came to have a
serious look at what was effectively contained in the array I passed to
"get_Stream_by_acc".
What happened was that my dear Windows had put "^M"s into the file
containing the accession numbers. Those were then read into the array,
and passed to NCBI together with the offending "^M"s, which of course
can not get any results.
Not that I didn't look for that in my file, but unfortunately none of my
Linux editors, except good ol' Emacs, showed the "^M"s at all.

So, in conclusion, a dumb mistake ;-)

Anne-Marie