[Bioperl-l] Bioperl-1.2.2 installation fail on Mac Os 10.2.6

Shin Enomoto shin at biosci.cbs.umn.edu
Thu Jul 24 10:11:53 EDT 2003

I am unable to install Bioperl-1.2.2. I get the message below after
'perl MakeFile.PL'. I have Bioperl-1.2.1 currently running.

I have mysql 4 running on the system and answering yes to the question
leads to attempt at connecting and then same error.

Generated sub tests. go make show_tests to see available subtests
Do you want to run the BioDBGFF tests (requires a mysql database) y/n
[n]

dyld: perl Undefined symbols:
_bytes_to_utf8
Trace/BPT trap

If I answer yes to mysql test I get the following:

Generated sub tests. go make show_tests to see available subtests
Do you want to run the BioDBGFF tests (requires a mysql database) y/n
[n] y
Which database should I use for testing the mysql drivers? [test] yeast
On which host is database yeast running (hostname, ip address or
host:port) [localhost]
User name for connecting to database yeast? [undef]
Password for connecting to database yeast? [undef]
Driver mysql is using the following settings for tests:
     Database yeast
     Host
     DSN      DBI:mysql:database=yeast
     User