[Bioperl-l] problems with libraries for Bio::Graphics

Lincoln Stein lstein at cshl.edu
Mon Jul 21 19:01:16 EDT 2003

Hi,

You're entering dynamic link library hell.  The best way to escape is to move
all copies of libpng and png.h to a safe hiding place, then to recompile
libpng from source.  Then recompile gd.

As long as you are doing this with libpng-1.X, older applications should still
continue to work.  I've had to do this from time to time and never ran into
problems.

Lincoln