[Bioperl-l] quotes in features

Brian Osborne brian_osborne at cognia.com
Thu Jul 17 14:45:07 EDT 2003

Mike,

I don't know which databases you're referring to but with the DBD::mysql and
DBD::Oracle drivers you can do things like this:

$gene = $dbh->quote($gene)

And then insert, no problem. This handles all embedded quotes that I've come
across. Forgive me if this doesn't address the issues you have in mind. Yes,
parsing is another story...

Brian O.