[Bioperl-l] Using primer3

Shawn Hoon shawnh at fugu-sg.org
Thu Jul 10 01:58:52 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, July 9, 2003, at 09:48  AM, Heikki Lehvaslaiho wrote:

> Shawn,
>
> It would be great if you could work on primer3 wrapper/parser.
>
> I am working on the Resriction modules and expect to do the first
> commit
> any day now, so do not touch them.

  Before I start committing stuff, I'm not a heavy user of the Primer3
parser and I haven't
seen any discussion on this AFAIK. Is it agreed that the new parser
will replace the older
parser by Chad? It is backward compatible as far as I know since tests
pass for the older t file.

if so I will need to replace Bio::Seq::PrimedSeq and
Bio::SeqFeature::Primer as well.
In addition I will stick with the naming convention of
Bio::Tools::Primer3 for the parser unless
there was some discussion that I missed on using
Bio::Tools::Analysis::Nucleotide::Primer3 for that.

cheers,

shawn