[Bioperl-l] [Bioperl-guts-l] Location of sequence text extractions (fwd)

Jason Stajich jason at cgt.duhs.duke.edu
Mon Jul 7 13:47:54 EDT 2003

$feature->spliced_seq;

http://www.bioperl.org/Core/Latest/FAQ.html#Q5.5
Q5.5: How do I get the complete spliced nucleotide sequence from the CDS
section?

A: You can use the spliced_seq() method. For example:

my $seq_obj = $db->get_Seq_by_id($gi);
foreach my $feat ( $seq_obj->top_SeqFeatures ) {
   if ( $feat->primary_tag eq 'CDS' ) {
      my $cds_obj = $feat->spliced_seq;
      print "CDS sequence is ",$cds_obj->seq,"\n";
   }
}

This is implemented in Bio::SeqFeatureI

-jason