[Bioperl-l] Sim4 output parsing using Bioperl

Jason Stajich jason at cgt.duhs.duke.edu
Wed Jul 2 16:27:22 EDT 2003

I parse the alignment but I don't think the
query_string,hit_string,homology_string  matches up with start/end
properly because I don't know how long the gap is here without referring
back to the top part specifying start/end (which may not exist in some
formats).

   1542 TGCTTTG         CTCAAGAGTGAAAGTGCTGTCCTCAAGTCTACCG
 341396 TGCTTTGGTG...TAGCTCAAGAGTGAAAGTGCTGTCCTCAAGTCTACCG

Give it a whirl though with some data and let me know if you have ideas or
expectations that aren't met.  I wrote it in May and haven't tested it out
on a bunch of new data since I'm becoming partial to exonerate.

-jason