[Bioperl-l] Bio::Ontology additions

Allen Day allenday at ucla.edu
Wed Jul 2 12:35:13 EDT 2003

Hilmar,

using this file:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/obo/obo/ontology/anatomy/cell_type/cell.ontology

primary relationships are parsed correctly, but secondary relationships
are sometimes not.  for instance, for entry CL:0000441 follicle_stem_cell
"follicle stem cell @ISA@ animal_cell" is not correctly parsed, while
"follicle stem cell @ISA@ epithelial_fate_stem_cell" is.

Upon closer inspection i see that the problem might be that
"follicle_stem_cell" is in the incorrectly parsed relationship is referred
to as "follicle stem cell", a synonym of CL:0000441.

This is also a problem with "blastoderm_cell" sometimes being referred to
in relationships as its synonym "blastomere".

So... it really looks like this is a bug with creation relationships
between entities where one or more of the entities is referred to by its
synonym rather than primary name.

-Allen