[Bioperl-l] project ideas

Ian Korf ik1@sanger.ac.uk
Wed Jan 22 10:35:28 EST 2003

On Tuesday, January 21, 2003, at 04:51 PM, Jason Stajich wrote:

> For all you budding bioperl developers project ideas include:
>
> * Writing a SearchIO plugin for blastz parsing

If anyone is going to tackle this, I can offer a script as a
starting point that converts the LAV format to BLASTN format.
The script is a bit of a beast because generating the alignments
requires quite a bit of text manipulation and calculating the
statistics requires estimating Karlin-Altschul parameters. It
isn't the prettiest code either, but if it can be of use, drop
me a line.

-Ian