[Bioperl-l] SeqIO; writing to custom out format?

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gnf.org
Mon Feb 24 13:42:53 EST 2003

On Monday, February 24, 2003, at 05:33  AM, Brian Osborne wrote:

> Postgres, yes! I'm pleading ignorance of the details but a lot of work
> has
> gone into biosql, chado, and bioperl-db over the last few weeks, you
> should
> take a look at the latest bioperl-db,

Note that the latest bioperl-db won't work yet. To use the schema as it
was before the Singapore changes, checkout branches
before-singapore-change from both biosql-schema and bioperl-db. To use
the schema that is to be released with bioperl-db you'll have to wait a
few more days.

>  you will find postgres compatibility I
> believe.

There is still an outstanding issue with Pg support in bioperl-db which
I'll write up together with solution alternatives as I see them in
order to get a consensus vote on how to proceed. Will come during the
next days.

	-hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org