[Bioperl-l] tracking down error in SeqFeature Collection subroutine

Andy Nunberg anunberg at oriongenomics.com
Fri Feb 21 13:20:26 EST 2003

Hi,
I have tracked down one of my problems with Bio::Assembly to a method call
from SeqFeature::Collection, add_features.
however the warning is from SeqFeature::Collection _compare subroutine.

I dont see _compare being explicitly called in add_features.  So when is it
called, if ever , in the add_features subroutine?
the line of code in question is this

my $nof_added = $self->{'_sfc'}->add_features($args);

I am pretty sure that $self->{'_sfc'} is accessing the objects SeqFeature
Collection object(Robson is that correct?).

the warning i am getting is the following
Argument "" isn't numeric in numeric comparison (<=>) at
/loginhome/anunberg/bioperl-1.2/Bio/SeqFeature/Collection.pm line 436,

Thanks
Andy
Andy Nunberg, Ph.D
Computational Biologist