[Bioperl-l] RepeatMask Files Saving

Shawn Hoon shawnh at fugu-sg.org
Fri Feb 21 09:45:12 EST 2003

What you could do is use the save_tempfile option which will prevent
the files from being deleted.

$fact->save_tempfiles(1);
my @feats = $fact->mask($seq);

print "Files are saved at ".$fact->tempdir

although they will have some weird system. There is limited support for
the wrappers
in specifying the output file names currently.

> 	Or, i suppose, a way to import repeat maker results into the
> RepeatMaker module from a repeatmasker file

You will want to use the parser which is in Bio::Tools::RepeatMasker in
the core bioperl-live package.

shawn