[Bioperl-l] Using Bio::SearchIO was: StandAloneBlast returning Bio::SearchIO::blast

Dan Kortschak kortschak at rsbs.anu.edu.au
Fri Feb 14 09:53:46 EST 2003

OK I think I'm getting there, however using the lines below (essentially)
I get the follwoing errors back and no HTML:

Can't locate object method "algorithm" via package "Bio::SearchIO::blast" (perhaps you forgot to load "Bio::SearchIO::blast"?) at
/usr/local/share/perl/5.6.1/Bio/SearchIO/Writer/TextResultWriter.pm line 146.
	(in cleanup) Can't use string ("STDOUT") as a symbol ref while "strict refs" in use at
/usr/local/share/perl/5.6.1/Bio/Root/IO.pm line 391.

I have looked through Bio::SearchIO::blast and find no method `algorith'
so I'm not sure where to go from there and secondly (probably more dimly)
I'm trying to output to STOUT since this script is trying to be part of a
web based blast server.

The output section of the script:

my $output=new Bio::SearchIO(-output_format=>'blast',-fh=>STDOUT);

my $report=$blastfactory->blastall(@query);
$output->write_result($report);

thanks for your help
Dan

--

  The address above will not work, remove the spanner from the works.
  See headers for PGP public key.

  By replying to this email you implicitly accept that your response
  may be forwarded to other recipients.