[Bioperl-l] struggling with Bio::Index::GenBank

Neil Saunders neil.saunders at unsw.edu.au
Thu Feb 6 16:12:34 EST 2003

I hope this is not too basic a question, but I am struggling.  I have
downloaded the gbbct subset of GenBank and want to index it.  I run
BioPerl 1.2 on Debian/Linux and have all the dependencies installed
(Berkeley DB, the DB_File module and most Debian packages related to
Berkeley dbm (e.g. libdb3-dev and libberkeleydb-perl).

I'm just using the code example that comes with Bio::Index::GenBank and
my file is /usr/local/databases/gbbct.seq, so I run:

make_index.pl /usr/local/databases/gbbct.seq

but persistently get the error: