[Bioperl-l] Alternate hit sorting for Bio::Search::Result objects

Donald G. Jackson donald.jackson at bms.com
Tue Dec 23 13:54:26 EST 2003

Hi,

I'm working on a blast wrapper using Bio::SearchIO.  I'd like to be able
to sort through the hits by something besides score/input order.  For
example, we've crammed the taxid into the FASTA header and would like to
do something like NCBI's taxblast where hits are sorted by source
organism, then by score.  I'd like to use the
Bio::SearchIO::HTMLResultWriter to output my hits, so can't just get all
the hits and sort them myself.

I thought I'd seen mention of how to do this, but looking over the docs
and (1.2.3) code I can't find it.  Does anyone have thoughts on how to
do this?

Thanks,

Don Jackson
BMS Bioinformatics