[Bioperl-l] t/DB test fails

Koen van der Drift kvddrift at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 19 21:21:47 EDT 2003

Hi,

 From one of the developers at fink I got the following error report
when he tried to install bioperl on Mac OS X using fink:

2) complaints about missing (optional) perl modules:
SOAP::Lite Text::Shellwords HTML::Parser DBD::mysql Ace GD
XML::Twig XML::Parser::PerlSAX XML::Writer XML::Parser
Graph::Directed IO::Scalar

3) 'make test' failed, which could be related to the missing
modules.  Specifically:
t/DB................ok 61/78Use of uninitialized value in numeric
gt (>) at t/DB.t line 244.
t/DB................ok 79/78Use of uninitialized value in numeric
gt (>) at t/DB.t line 274.
t/DB................FAILED tests 62, 80
         Failed 2/78 tests, 97.44% okay (-1 skipped test: 75 okay,
96.15%)

I didn't see these errors on my sytem. Is this error related to one of
the optional modules that was not installed on the testers' Mac? If
that's the case, then I can make bioperl depend on that module. If not,
is there another reason for these errors?

thanks,

- Koen.