[Bioperl-l] BioSQL

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gnf.org
Thu Apr 17 16:01:05 EDT 2003

This depends on what you want to scale for: how many users hitting the
database concurrently, average number and size of rows (or objects)
returned per query, how much updating and loading is going to happen
concurrently with queries.

While as an example Ensembl is powered by MySQL, other large databanks
like the EMBL nucleotide database is powered by Oracle as Ewan
mentioned some time ago.

	-hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org