[Bioperl-l] One more about swiss parsing

Elia Stupka elia at tll.org.sg
Fri Apr 11 18:44:35 EDT 2003

Another question... we don't store the molecular weight and the crc64
given in the swissprot file. Of course molecular weight is easy to get
using the module in bioperl. CRC64 is a little trickier because at the
moment it is not encapsulated in a standalone module but in an internal
method of swiss.pm...

a)why not store them while we are parsing the file so that they don't
need to be calculated if people want to dump them

b)why not put the crc64 cryptic code in a tools module?

Ciao

Elia

---
Bioinformatics Program Manager