[Bioperl-l] Extracting gi no from refseq record

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gnf.org
Thu Apr 3 13:32:00 EST 2003

On Thursday, April 3, 2003, at 07:20  AM, Jason Stajich wrote:

> we only pick up GI from
> the field here, I assume the file in question has this line?
>
> I notice we don't try and parse NID lines from Genbank.
>
> VERSION     AI129902.1  GI:3598416

RefSeq does feature this line, at least the last time I checked. We
also do test for this being parsed correctly, namely in t/SeqIO.t. It's
not always as bad as it sometimes seems. I ran an entire download of
RefSeq a couple weeks ago and the GI# was parsed out of every single
record.

Siddharta, do you run at least bioperl 1.2? If you do, can you run

	$ make test_SeqIO

from the root directory of the bioperl distribution? Can you please
mail the output? If a test fails, could you please run

	$ make test_SeqIO TEST_VERBOSE=1

and mail the output for the failed test(s)?

If no test fails, could you email the accession# of the sequence you
retrieved and for which there was no GI#?

	-hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org